Manager of Hospice Clinical Services (RN)
This caring hospice organization recognizes the significance of each precious, end-of-life journey. We will do all we can to provide an empowering hospice experience to each patient we have the privilege of working with.
We are seeking a talented Manager of Hospice Clinical Services (RN).
The Manager of Clinical Services is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately. The Manager of Clinical Services is responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered appropriately and for the supervision of clinical personnel.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing with a BSN degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in hospice/home care setting and with two (2) years management or supervisory experience strongly preferred. Proven ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Understands hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying.
- Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Complies and maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including home visits, to determine hospice/home care needs. Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed. Conferences with Medical Director or Hospice Physician regarding any questions about an individual’s eligibility for services.
- Reviews and evaluates each case through a variety of means such as home visits, conferences, record review and the services provided by clinicians; discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality hospice care services; and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
- Reviews patient’s medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications, procedures and clinical course.
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care.
- Attends case conference meetings with hospice personnel to facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary group involvement.
- Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to the Regional Director of Clinical Operations and hospice personnel.
- Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel under the delegation of the Regional Director of Clinical Operations and/or Administrator.
- Conducts annual evaluations on clinicians, or more frequently if indicated, under the delegation of the Director of Clinical operations and/or Administrator.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organizational activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services.
- Assists Regional Director of Clinical Operations and other supervisory hospice personnel in the planning, implementation and evaluation of inservice and continuing education programs. Assists in implementing organization policies, procedures, goals and objectives, both short and long range.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Assesses health needs of community and assists in the development of plan(s)/ program(s) to meet needs. Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the organization’s role as an effective member of the hospice and health care delivery system. Promotes customer service orientation to all hospice personnel.
- Participates actively in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the Regional Director of Clinical Operations and/or Administrator.
Benefits of Employment:
- Excellent compensation
- Extensive benefits, including medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
- PTO and Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Growth opportunities
- A supportive and employee-centric culture
- Excellent compensation package (above market!)