Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager
Since 1979, this amazing hospice organization has provided the highest quality hospice care to residents in Anne Arundel County. They thrive on keeping with their mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion, and expertise. This caring organization is a fully licensed, independent, community-based nonprofit organization certified by Medicare and the State of Maryland and accredited by the Joint Commission. It is affiliated with the Hospice Alliance, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Hospice Network of Maryland.
They are seeking a talented Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager for 40 hours per week.
As a Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager, you will take the lead in providing nursing care and case management for those with life-limiting illnesses, helping patients and their caregivers navigate end-of-life care with compassion. You will work with your team’s Social Workers, Chaplains, and CNAs, as well as our Hospice Physicians, to provide the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual aspects of care. We empower our Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager to take ownership of their day and schedule with an emphasis on care continuity and quality.
- Engage with patients to build trust while you assess their physical, psychosocial, and emotional condition as well as their environment during regular nursing visits. Adapts communication style to each individual and circumstance to provide an atmosphere that protects patient dignity.
- Take the lead on managing each patient’s journey through their specific illness and takes ownership of ensuring patients and families understand each step.
- Work collaboratively with your team and the patients/caregivers to establish goals of care and ensure that everyone is regularly kept up to date on progress. Regularly incorporates changes in condition to the rest of the interdisciplinary team to ensure the highest level of service and care across the interdisciplinary team.
- Follows nursing standards of practice and meets or exceeds HOC quality goals to ensure the best possible outcomes for the patient and family from admission through bereavement care.
- Other specific goals and duties as communicated in your job description and performance goals.
- We’re excited to train RN’s that are passionate about hospice care
- Current Maryland RN license or accepted reciprocal out-of-state nursing licensure; BSN preferred.
- 2 or more years of nursing experience in medical/surgical, ED, or home care required, with experience in hospice, end-of-life, or critical care experience preferred.
- Familiarity and comfort with documenting in an Electronic Medical Record.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Monday – Friday; 8a-4:30p (NO weekends or On-Call)
- This position is overtime exempt
- $76,960 – $83,200 per/year
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Out in the field providing patient visits (home)
2 Separate Coverage Areas Available (North AA County or South AA County):
- Northern Anne Arundel County (will be assigned a centralized territory to reduce windshield time)
- Southern Anne Arundel County (will be assigned a centralized territory to reduce windshield time)
- 3-6 visits per day depending on visit complexity (will carry an average caseload of 15-18 patients)
- A rewarding and fulfilling career with a company that values your contributions
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, including 18 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 8 paid holidays in your first year of employment
- Access to our Emergency Sick Bank to provide a safety net gift of up to 80 hours of sick time for medical emergencies if you run out of paid time off
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Available accident and critical illness coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match (3%)
- Educational assistance to pursue professional development, additional certifications, and degree programs
- Employer assistance programs
- Employee recognition program
- Company issued laptop and cell phone
- All necessary supplies and equipment