Hospice Rapid Response Registered Nurse (RN)
Since 1979, this amazing hospice organization has provided the highest quality hospice care to residents in Southern Maryland. They thrive on keeping with their mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion, and expertise. This caring organization is a fully licensed, independent, community-based nonprofit organization certified by Medicare and the State of Maryland and accredited by the Joint Commission. It is affiliated with the Hospice Alliance, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Hospice Network of Maryland.
They are seeking a talented Hospice Rapid Response Registered Nurse (RN)
for 36 hours per week (3-12s).
- Our Hospice Rapid Response RNs provide care to our patients in all settings, including skilled and crisis nursing visits, admissions, death visits, continuous care and GIP. Our Rapid Response RNs may also provide Triage Support, managing in-coming calls to answer questions, locate the appropriate person or resource, provide comfort and manage symptoms, until a Nurse can be dispatched and arrive at the patient’s care setting. Similar to an on-call position, but the nurses will be in the field taking patient visits regularly.
- Assumes primary responsibility for provider total census during assigned shift, including the triaging, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluation phases of the nursing process.
- Maintains regular communication with triage, clinical managers, physicians, and members of the interdisciplinary team concerning patient/family care needs and response to interventions.
- Instructs patients and families in managing symptoms, triages all calls and routes to appropriate resources.
- Assist with triage when needed.
- We’re excited to train RN’s that are passionate about hospice care
- Current Maryland RN license or accepted reciprocal out-of-state nursing licensure; BSN preferred.
- 2 or more years of nursing experience in medical/surgical, ED, or home care required, with experience in hospice, end-of-life, or critical care experience preferred.
- Strong and creative, problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Familiarity and comfort with documenting in an Electronic Medical Record.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Monday – Sunday; 8:00am-8:30pm (3-12s)
- $28-$39 per/hour + differential
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Out in the field providing patient visits
- Anne Arundel/Prince George’s County
- A rewarding and fulfilling career with a company that values your contributions
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, including 18 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 8 paid holidays in your first year of employment
- Access to our Emergency Sick Bank to provide a safety net gift of up to 80 hours of sick time for medical emergencies if you run out of paid time off
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Available accident and critical illness coverage.
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match (3%)
- Educational assistance to pursue professional development, additional certifications, and degree programs Employer assistance programs
- Employee recognition program
- Company issued laptop and cell phone
- All necessary supplies and equipment