Hospice Clinical Social Worker
Since 1979, this amazing hospice organization has provided the highest quality hospice care to residents in Anne Arundel County. They thrive on keeping with their mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion, and expertise. This caring organization is a fully licensed, independent, community-based nonprofit organization certified by Medicare and the State of Maryland and accredited by the Joint Commission. It is affiliated with the Hospice Alliance, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Hospice Network of Maryland.
They are seeking a talented Hospice Clinical Social Worker for 40 hours per week.
****$10,000 sign-on bonus****
As a Hospice Clinical Social Worker, you will provide psycho-social supports and interventions for those with life-limiting illnesses, helping patients and their caregivers navigate end-of-life care with compassion. You will work with your team’s RN Case Managers, Chaplains, and CNAs, as well as our Hospice Physicians, to provide physical, psychosocial, and spiritual aspects of care. We empower our Social Workers to take ownership of their day and schedule with an emphasis on care continuity and quality.
- Engage with patients/caregivers to develop rapport and build trust while you assess their psychosocial and emotional condition, as well as their care environment, during regular visits. Adapts communication style to each individual and circumstance to provide an atmosphere that protects patient dignity.
- Formulates individualized plans of care for patients based on assessed needs, strengths, limitations, and goals. Includes patient and caregivers in the care planning process. Ensures that patient’s desires are taken into account when the treatment plan is formulated. Regularly reassesses for changing needs.
- Collaborates with providers and treatment team to identify and evaluate patient outcomes and to evaluate variances in expected behavior and appropriateness of care.
- Follows social work standards of practice and meets or exceeds HOC quality goals to ensure the best possible outcomes for the patient and family from admission through bereavement care.
- Other specific goals and duties as communicated in your job description and performance goals.
- We’re excited to train social workers that are passionate about hospice care
- Master of Social Work degree from an accredited educational institution required. Minimum of LGSW licensing is required; LCSW-C preferred.
- 2-3 years of practice in health care field, with experience in hospice, end-of-life, or critical care experience preferred.
- Familiarity and comfort with documenting in an Electronic Medical Record.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Monday – Friday; 8a-4:30p with 1 weekend per/month On-Call
- This position is overtime exempt
- $70,000 – $75,000 per/year
- $10K sign-on bonus
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Out in the field providing patient visits (home)
- Southern Anne Arundel County (will be assigned a centralized territory to reduce windshield time)
- Case load will vary based on patient census
- A rewarding and fulfilling career with a company that values your contributions
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, including 18 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 8 paid holidays in your first year of employment
- Access to our Emergency Sick Bank to provide a safety net gift of up to 80 hours of sick time for medical emergencies if you run out of paid time off
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Available accident and critical illness coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match (3%)
- Educational assistance to pursue professional development, additional certifications, and degree programs
- Employer assistance programs
- Employee recognition program
- Company issued laptop and cell phone
- All necessary supplies and equipment