Hospice Clinical Practice Specialist – Social Worker
Since 1979, this amazing hospice organization has provided the highest quality hospice care to residents in Anne Arundel County. They thrive on keeping with their mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion, and expertise. This caring organization is a fully licensed, independent, community-based nonprofit organization certified by Medicare and the State of Maryland and accredited by the Joint Commission. It is affiliated with the Hospice Alliance, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Hospice Network of Maryland.
They are seeking a talented Hospice Clinical Practice Specialist Social Worker for 40 hours per week.
****$10,000 sign-on bonus****
The Clinical Practice Specialist for Social Work is responsible for the oversight of the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care provided by social work staff in the clinical care area in collaboration with their clinical leadership. This role is directly responsible for the professional competency oversight and professional development of the social work staff, students, and hospice or palliative interns. This role serves as a member of the Clinical Operations Team to facilitate best practices and address concerns/problems associated with the delivery of clinical services. This role will actively participate in the orientation of new clinical staff to include all disciplines of the interdisciplinary team, ensuring orientation processes meet all regulatory requirements.
- Represents provider and its affiliates in public forums, professional forums and partnerships which includes exposure / presentations across multiple platforms/ venues, including social media.
- Represents their discipline, and end of life care, as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Develops the implementation of practice theory into practice application.
- Designs and executes provider’s education program in collaboration with the Director of Education and Operations Leadership group. Program includes position specific orientation programs, competency evaluations, required annual training, continuing education programs and other topics as identified for interdisciplinary staff.
- Supervises and/or Oversees provision of state regulated supervision, and/or coordinates other supervision resources, of Master’s/ Bachelor’s prepared social work staff for advancing to independent or clinical licensure and/or to meet the state requirements for provision of required supervision hours monthly.
- Performs competency assessments and contributes to annual performance evaluations, for all Social Workers, in collaboration with clinical management which may also include remediation or performance improvement plans for staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Education
- Masters in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited educational institution with LCSW-C certification plus two or more years’ experience in clinical practice.
- Registered to provide Social Work Supervision in the State of Maryland required. Applicants with out-of-state registration must be able to transfer registration to State of Maryland within 90 days.
- Minimum of two years of experience providing direct, state-authorized supervision to Social Workers seeking independent or advanced licensure, required. Five or more years preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of social work experience focused on the Family System required (providing care in the context of the family unit).
- Prior hospice and/or palliative care healthcare experience required, will consider other end-of-life healthcare settings. Interdisciplinary teamwork experience preferred.
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Social Work (APHSW-C) preferred or obtained within 12 months.
- Demonstrated skills in creating and implementing clinical training programs, includes a working knowledge of adult learning techniques, current clinical standards and strong presentation skills. Ability to adjust and revise training as needed for effective engagement.
- Monday – Friday; 8a-4:30p
- This position is overtime exempt
- $90,000 per/year
- $10K sign-on bonus
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Hybrid role – based out of the Pasadena office, but mostly remote
- Will spend some time out in the field with staff to precept
- A rewarding and fulfilling career with a company that values your contributions
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, including 18 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 8 paid holidays in your first year of employment
- Access to our Emergency Sick Bank to provide a safety net gift of up to 80 hours of sick time for medical emergencies if you run out of paid time off
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Available accident and critical illness coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match (3%)
- Educational assistance to pursue professional development, additional certifications, and degree programs Employer assistance programs
- Employee recognition program
- Company issued laptop and cell phone
- All necessary supplies and equipment