Hospice Clinical Liaison (RN)
Since 1979, this amazing hospice organization has provided the highest quality hospice care to residents in Southern Maryland. They thrive on keeping with their mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion, and expertise. This caring organization is a fully licensed, independent, community-based nonprofit organization certified by Medicare and the State of Maryland and accredited by the Joint Commission. It is affiliated with the Hospice Alliance, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Hospice Network of Maryland.
They are seeking a talented Hospice Clinical Liaison (RN) for 40 hours per week.
Our Hospice Clinical Liaisons (RN) serve will act as intermediary liaisons between the contracted hospitals and the hospice team, make inpatient visits to hospice patients, act as consultant for pain and symptom management, provide in-service education to providers, and perform pre-admission evaluations for appropriateness of hospice services.
- Provides admission assessment and immediately engages with patient to develop rapport and a sense of trust.
- Collaborates with patient/family when developing plan of care, adjusting communication style as necessary. Establishes priority for patient care based on immediate patient condition and mutually set patient needs/expectations.
- Performs consent visits as scheduled to provide information regarding HOC services and obtains signed consents.
- Communicates relevant information to the provider, including any change in referral diagnosis.
- Case Manages patients who are GIP level of care which includes assuring the patient receives a daily Skilled Nursing Visit (SNV).
- Conducts death visit and assists in the assessment of family needs for bereavement services following the patient’s death and conveys information to bereavement staff no later than three days after death of patient.
- Assists with community admissions when there are no referrals or GIP patients at the prospective hospital.
- We’re excited to train RN’s that are passionate about hospice care
- Current Maryland RN license or accepted reciprocal out-of-state nursing licensure; BSN preferred.
- 2 or more years of nursing experience in medical/surgical, ED, or home care required, with experience in hospice, end-of-life, or critical care experience preferred.
- Strong and creative, problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Familiarity and comfort with documenting in an Electronic Medical Record.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Monday – Friday; 9a-5:30p OR 10a-6:30p (NO weekends or On-Call)
- $28-$39 per/hour + differential
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Traveling to hospitals and medical centers with which we contract in southern Maryland
- Prince George’s and Charles County
- 3-4 admissions per day depending on the census of the facility
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, including 18 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 8 paid holidays in your first year of employment
- Access to our Emergency Sick Bank to provide a safety net gift of up to 80 hours of sick time for medical emergencies if you run out of paid time off
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Available accident and critical illness coverage.
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match (3%)
- Educational assistance to pursue professional development, additional certifications, and degree programs Employer assistance programs
- Employee recognition program
- A rewarding and fulfilling career with a company that values your contributions
- Company issued laptop and cell phone
- All necessary supplies and equipment