Hospice Clinical Educator (RN)
Since 1979, this amazing hospice organization has provided the highest quality hospice care to residents in Anne Arundel, Prince George’s, Calvert, and Charles Counties. They thrive on keeping with their mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion, and expertise. This caring organization is a fully licensed, independent, community-based nonprofit organization certified by Medicare and the State of Maryland and accredited by the Joint Commission. It is affiliated with the Hospice Alliance, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Hospice Network of Maryland.
They are seeking a talented Hospice Clinical Educator (RN) for 40 hours per week.
The Hospice Clinical Educator is responsible for the oversight of the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing, certified nursing assistants, social work, and pastoral/chaplain staff in the clinical care area. The Clinical Educator serves as a member of the clinical management team to address concerns/problems associated with the delivery of clinical services. The Hospice Clinical Educator (RN) will actively participate in the orientation of new clinical staff to include nursing, CNA’s, Social Worker, and Pastoral/Chaplain Staff, ensuring orientation processes meet all regulatory requirements.
- Direct Supervisor: Director of Education
- Next Line Supervisor: VP of Quality and Customer Experience
- Delivers Provider’s Education Program in collaboration with the Director of Education. Program includes position specific orientation programs, competency evaluations, required annual training, continuing education programs and other topics as identified.
- Assesses educational needs of the learner and develops plans for learning experiences appropriate for meeting recognized needs.
- Teaches material to meet competency assessment requirements in conformance with departmental objectives, organization policy, and accreditation standards.
- Plans and executes a variety of in-service orientation programs, educational programs, and educational services for clinical personnel and students across the hospice and palliative care continuum.
- Tracks progress of learners and training plans.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with informatics and other departments in the design, evaluation, revision, and provision of instruction in the use of the EMR.
- Acts as an administrator in the access, use and maintenance of the on-line learning platform(s). Works collaboratively with other departments to maximize the learning progress tracking capabilities in the on-line learning platform(s).
- Maintains the clinical simulation environment and resources; collaborates with Clinical departments to coordinate skills demonstrations/evaluation to improve/maintain safety and quality of hands-on care.
- Maintains and ensures accessibility of training manuals and other resources as needed to facilitate orientation, trainings, and ongoing learning.
- Functions as a resource to clinical managers and staff, supporting specified teaching needs in the area of safe and effective delivery of patient care.
- Capture feedback from program participants and others and share this feedback with the appropriate team member or Director for action.
- Provide Just- in-Time Training when appropriate.
- Conduct ELNEC and/or other evidence-based practice endorsed training.
- Attends mandatory in-services and/or meetings or makes arrangements with the appropriate supervisor for satisfactory compliance.
- Supports and participates in LEAN Healthcare initiatives.
- Performs discipline specific competency assessments for all new clinical staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Education or VP.
- Clinical training experience (required)
- Allscripts EHR trained/proficient (required)
- Bachelor of Nursing from an accredited program and current Maryland RN License
- Minimum of 2 years of hospice experience preferred.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) preferred; must obtain within 12 months.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Demonstrated skills in implementing clinical training programs, includes a working knowledge of adult learning techniques, and current clinical standards.
- Strong presentation skills with a variety of modalities and audiences.
- Effective facilitation skills. Should be able to facilitate group discussions.
- Ability to assess learner’s ability and learning style and adjusts training tactics as needed.
- Proficiency in EMR required at 90 days.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate positive / encouraging professional communication in challenging situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of healthcare accreditation guidelines, OSHA, CDC/ Infection Control, regulatory standards and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, with attention to details and deadlines and to simultaneously handle multiple projects.
- Possess a professional maturity that consistently sets the tone in carrying out the responsibilities of the position exercising a high degree of honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to function as an integral part of a team, including working some evenings and weekends, if needed, to accommodate the needs of the organization and the training needs of all shifts.
- Skilled in identifying the many aspects of complex problems, able to review related information and then develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Skilled in motivating, developing and directing people as they work to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve a common goal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Monday – Friday; 8a-4:30p (NO weekends or On-Call)
- $37-$40 per/hour (overtime exempt)
- Hybrid of remote (ZOOM/Microsoft Teams) & In-person in Pasadena office
- A rewarding and fulfilling career with a company that values your contributions
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, including 18 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 8 paid holidays in your first year of employment
- Access to our Emergency Sick Bank to provide a safety net gift of up to 80 hours of sick time for medical emergencies if you run out of paid time off
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Available accident and critical illness coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match (3%)
- Educational assistance to pursue professional development, additional certifications, and degree programs Employer assistance programs
- Employee recognition program