Hospice Admissions Registered Nurse (RN)
Since 1979, this amazing hospice organization has provided the highest quality hospice care to residents in Prince George’s and Charles Counties. They thrive on keeping with their mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion, and expertise. This caring organization is a fully licensed, independent, community-based nonprofit organization certified by Medicare and the State of Maryland and accredited by the Joint Commission. It is affiliated with the Hospice Alliance, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Hospice Network of Maryland.
They are seeking a talented Hospice Admissions Registered Nurse (RN) 36 hours per week.
****$20,000 sign-on bonus****
As a Hospice Admissions Registered Nurse (RN), you serve as the first point-of-contact on the journey into hospice care. You will take the lead in conducting an initial assessment of the patient, engage with the patient and family to provide education on our services, and establish the plan of care.
- Provides admission assessment and immediately engages with patient to develop rapport and a sense of trust.
- Collaborates with patient/family when developing plan of care, adjusting communication style as necessary. Establishes priority for patient care based on immediate patient condition and mutually set patient needs/expectations.
- Conducts death visit and assists in the assessment of family needs for bereavement services following the patient’s death and conveys information to bereavement staff no later than three days after death of patient.
- Notifies appropriate interdisciplinary team member, e.g., Social Work, Volunteer, or Chaplain when patient/caregiver is in need of additional resources.
- Other specific goals and duties as communicated in your job description and performance goals.
- We’re excited to train RN’s that are passionate about hospice care
- Current Maryland RN license or accepted reciprocal out-of-state nursing licensure; BSN preferred.
- 2 or more years of nursing experience in medical/surgical, ED, or home care required, with experience in hospice, end-of-life, or critical care experience preferred.
- Strong and creative, problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Familiarity and comfort with documenting in an Electronic Medical Record.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Monday – Friday, 3 – 12-hour shifts per week (10a-10p or 11a-11p); 1 weekend per month
- $39.59-$44 per/hour
- Shift differential for hours worked after 4pm ($4 per/hour)
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Out in the field providing patient visits (home)
- Prince George’s & Charles Counties
- A rewarding and fulfilling career with a company that values your contributions
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, including 18 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 8 paid holidays in your first year of employment
- Access to our Emergency Sick Bank to provide a safety net gift of up to 80 hours of sick time for medical emergencies if you run out of paid time off
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Available accident and critical illness coverage.
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match (3%)
- Educational assistance to pursue professional development, additional certifications, and degree programs
- Employer assistance programs
- Employee recognition program
- Company issued laptop and cell phone
- All necessary supplies and equipment