Home Health Speech Therapist (SLP)
This amazing Home Care Agency is celebrating 97 years of providing the highest quality home care and hospice care to residents of the Lakes Region. They have a 5-star patient rating with CMS, recognized as HomeCare Elite, thrive on providing patient-centric care, and a warm and personalized experience within Meredith and the surrounding communities.
They are seeking a talented Home Health Speech Therapist (SLP) for 37.5 hours per week.
You will have the ability to get to know your individual patients, provide meaningful education and support in executing tailored Care Plans. You will perform treatment and provide exercise instruction and patient education aimed at improving/enhancing the patient’s wellbeing while following the established plan of care. Become an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary teams while maintaining a high level of autonomy. Enjoy a flexible workday, with an option to start and end your day from home. Strong Clinical support and educational resources provided.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct appropriate evaluative procedures, assess home environment (as appropriate), and identify equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Identify functional speech defects, establish goals to improve patient’s function and participate in the development of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Recommend communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Prepare and submit clinical and progress records per Company policy federal/state regulations.
- A degree and an internship from an approved master’s program in Speech-Language Pathology or as required by applicable law and/or regulation
- Meet the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech-Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Certified to practice Speech-Language Pathology, with a minimum of one (1) year’s clinical experience in Speech-Language Pathology
- Must possess and maintain valid CPR certification while employed in a clinical role
- Valid driver’s license and an automobile that is insured
Hours per week:
- Monday -Friday; 8a-4:30p (NO weekends)
- $50 Per/Hour
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Out in the field providing patient visits (home)
- 30-mile radius of Meredith
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance (80% employer paid)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K with company match (up to 4%)
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs