Home Health Registered Nurse (RN)
Since 1900, this amazing home health provider has provided the highest quality physician-prescribed home health care services to the homebound, disabled, or patients living with a chronic condition in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia. Their team of nurses, therapists, social workers, and home health aides travels two million miles each year to bring the services and technologies of a medical center directly into patients’ homes. They are the largest home health care provider across the region and pride themselves in having a consistent record of stellar associate satisfaction, providing high quality care, and practicing a laser focus on putting patient safety first. Recognized as a HomeCare Elite agency for 10 consecutive years, ranked in the top 25% of agencies in the nation. 2023 Best Home Care Leader in Training Award recipient.
They are seeking a talented Home Health Registered Nurse (RN) for 40 hours per week.
The Home Health Registered Nurse (RN) makes a positive difference in people’s lives by helping patients heal in the comfort of their own homes. RNs develop an individualized care plan for each patient and then help patients and their caregivers achieve progress toward their goals for improved health and independence. As a Home Health Registered Nurse (RN), you have the autonomy to make individualized patient-centered decisions to promote optimal clinical care.
- Develops and documents individualized plan of care with specific care interventions and expected measurable patient outcomes.
- Evaluates progress toward goals and revises plan of care as needed.
- Establishes, documents, and implements personalized teaching plans for patients and their caregivers to help them achieve independence at home.
- Performs nursing procedures consistent with homecare protocols. Interventions reflect knowledge of standard homecare supplies and equipment used in patient care.
- Initiates and participates in regularly scheduled case conferences, which include all disciplines.
- Includes patient and family in mutual goal setting and care plan revision.
- Maintains necessary clinical records, collects data and prepares reports on activities.
- Communicates regularly with the patient’s physician, home healthcare team, and other key members of the care team.
- We’re excited to train RN’s that are passionate about home health
- 1-2 years RN experience (ICU, CCU, Med-Surg, Oncology, Gerontology) within last 5 years (required)
- Valid RN license in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia, or any combinations required based on work location(s) (required)
- CPR certification (required)
- I.V. therapy skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills (preferred)
- Wound care experience
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Monday – Friday; 8:00am-4:30pm (NO On-Call)
- Weekend rotation every 3-4 weeks (responsible for admissions)
- Occasional evening coverage 12pm-8pm
- $98,300 – $148,854 per/year
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Out in the field providing patient visits (home)
- Northwest DC Territory – grouped by zip codes (will be assigned a centralized territory to reduce windshield time)
- Southeast DC Territory – grouped by zip codes (will be assigned a centralized territory to reduce windshield time)
- 27 points per week: Admission/recert/resumption = 2 points; Revisit/discharge = 1 point; Additional clinical eval = 1.5 points
- A rewarding and fulfilling career with a company that values your contributions
- Medical, dental, and vision choices, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) that allow Associates to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Generous paid time off, including vacation days, and company paid holidays
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Available accident and critical illness coverage.
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match (6%)
- RN residency programs and tuition assistance to advance your unique career plans and goals
- Employee recognition program
- System-wide RN referral bonus program – up to $6000 per RN
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 (eligibility requirements)
- Performance reviews and merit increases
- An environment of world-class medical, clinical and research practices and innovation where you will truly impact patient care and outcome
- Company issued Galaxy Note
- All necessary supplies and equipment