Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
This amazing Home Care Agency is celebrating 97 years of providing the highest quality home care and hospice care to residents of the Lakes Region. They have a 5-star patient rating with CMS, recognized as HomeCare Elite, thrive on providing patient-centric care, and a warm and personalized experience within Meredith and the surrounding communities.
They are seeking a talented Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) for 37.5 hours per week.
You will have the ability to get to know your individual patients, provide meaningful education and support in executing tailored Care Plans. You will perform treatment and provide exercise instruction and patient education aimed at improving/enhancing the patient’s wellbeing while following the established plan of care. Promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist. Become an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary teams while maintaining a high level of autonomy. Enjoy a flexible workday, with an option to start and end your day from home. Strong Clinical support and educational resources provided.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to physical therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Assess abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist’s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient record
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes and prostheses.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information, promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains production objectives by noting current treatment trends; monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in education opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy and home care reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
- 2 years of appropriate experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA). Community/Home Health experience is preferred
- Licensure: State of New Hampshire
- NH Driver’s License and current automobile and liability insurance
- Tech savvy (preferred)
- Strong documentation, communication, and symptom management skills (required)
- Must be flexible and family oriented
- Current BLS
Hours per week:
- Monday -Friday; 8a-4:30p
- NO weekends or on-call
- $30 – $32 Per/Hour
- Additional incentive compensation 2 x per year (up to $8K)
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate
- Out in the field providing patient visits (home)
- 30-mile radius of Meredith (primarily Moultonborough/Wolfboro area)
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance (80% employer paid)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K with company match (up to 4%)
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs